200 Hour Teacher Training Program
This powerful and transformative 200 Hr program is designed for serious students of yoga who want to deepen their practice as well as for those students who wish to become teachers themselves. You will explore the depth of the practice in a fun and supportive environment with experienced teachers and like-minded students. Clarity, balance and ease will be found both on and off the mat.
Lesley's training program is offered in two modules. The first 100 hrs of training is a complete immersion into yoga practice. The second 100 hr module focuses on teaching skills, hands on assists, secrets of smart sequencing, how to lead meditation and dharma teachings, business of yoga and practice teaching.
* Vinyasa Practices: Designed to awaken inner energy and peace.
* Asana Labs: Fun and exciting workshops exploring key movement and alignment principles for standing poses, forward bends, backbends, inversions, twists & restoratives.
* Anatomy: Understand where the parts of the body are and how the muscles and bones work in action. This deeper exploration of anatomy and alignment is the key to progress in your practice.
* Meditation: Develop a regular meditation practice and learn how to lead simple meditations.
* Roots of Yoga: History and Philosophical concepts explained and explored.
*Intro to The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Gain insights and a ‘wider view’ for your practice, teaching and life off the mat.
* Dharma Talks & Teachings: Connecting the Spiritual.
* The Magic of Sanskrit: Study with Ramana Erikson.
This course will be held at YogaWorks Mill Valley. Each session will run from 12:30pm - 7pm.
January 26-27 Saturday & Sunday
February 2-3 Saturday& Sunday
February 9-10 Saturday & Sunday
March 2-3 Saturday & Sunday
March 9-10 Saturday & Sunday
March 16-17 Saturday & Sunday
March 23 Saturday only
Main Faculty: Lesley Desaulniers
Guest Faculty: Alison Smith, Mirabai Warkulwiz & Ramana Erikson
This program can be taken independently, or as Part 1 of a 2-part teacher training with Lesley that culminates with a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification. Space is limited, early registration encouraged.
A typical day in Lesley D Yoga teacher training:
Asana and Meditation
Pose Breakdown, Anatomy, Sequencing, Hands-on-Adjustments, Practice Teach, Philosophy
Restoratives, Guest lectures, Kirtan
Advanced Training programs are designed to bring your teaching to a deeper and more refined level.
300 Hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program
This powerful and unique 300 hour advanced training will inspire and enrich your yoga teaching and your life!
In this course you will:
- Advance and refine your understanding of the fundamentals of asana. You will build upon what you learned in your 200 hour program in the following areas: Standing Poses, Inversions, Forwards Bends, Arm Balances, Twists, Backbends and Advanced Asana. You will learn to master hands on adjustments, modifications and variations for each asana. ( 70 hrs)
- Deepen your teaching skills by learning how to work with beginners, lead private lessons, injury management, advanced sequencing and anatomy, prenatal yoga guidelines and receive guidance on the business of yoga. (50 hrs)
- Practicum: Receive direct feedback and advance your teaching skills by weekly practice teaching & sequence creation. Observe others teaching and give feedback. 'In class privates': assisting students while someone else is teaching every week. Personal guidance from Lesley Desaulniers will help you find your authentic voice and learn to bring your own inner wisdom and life experience to your teaching. (120 hrs)
- Deepen your meditation practice and learn to lead meditation (25 hrs)
- Explore the magic of Sanskrit and yoga philosophy teachings in a full Yoga Sutras Immersion (20 hrs) and Intro to Sanskrit Immersion (15hrs)
This course is led by Lesley Desaulniers with guest faculty Alison Smith, Mirabai and Ramana Erikson