200 Hour Teacher Training Program
The 200 Hour program is designed for serious students of yoga who want to deepen their practice as well as for those students who wish to become teachers themselves. Topics include proper alignment, hands on assisting, creative and smart sequencing, philosophy, Sanskrit, anatomy, prenatal yoga and restorative yoga. Our faculty consists of renowned scholars, yoga teachers, meditation teachers and anatomy experts.
Main Faculty: Lesley Desaulniers
Guest Faculty: Sharon Salzberg, Edwin Bryant, Alison Smith, Bex Urban, Mirabai Warkulwiz, Ramana Erikson & Devadas Labreque
This program is a Yoga Alliance accredited course. After completion of this training, trainees will be able able to register with YA as RYT 200. (Registered Yoga Teacher 200 Hr)
A typical day in Lesley D Yoga teacher training:
Asana and Meditation
Pose Breakdown, Anatomy, Sequencing, Hands-on-Adjustments, Practice Teach, Philosophy
Restoratives, Guest lectures, Kirtan
Advanced Training programs are designed to bring your teaching to a deeper and more refined level.
300 Hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program
This powerful and unique 300 hour advanced training will inspire and enrich your yoga teaching and your life!
In this course you will:
- Advance and refine your understanding of the fundamentals of asana. You will build upon what you learned in your 200 hour program in the following areas: Standing Poses, Inversions, Forwards Bends, Arm Balances, Twists, Backbends and Advanced Asana. You will learn to master hands on adjustments, modifications and variations for each asana. ( 70 hrs)
- Deepen your teaching skills by learning how to work with beginners, lead private lessons, injury management, advanced sequencing and anatomy, prenatal yoga guidelines and receive guidance on the business of yoga. (50 hrs)
- Practicum: Receive direct feedback and advance your teaching skills by weekly practice teaching & sequence creation. Observe others teaching and give feedback. 'In class privates': assisting students while someone else is teaching every week. Personal guidance from Lesley Desaulniers will help you find your authentic voice and learn to bring your own inner wisdom and life experience to your teaching. (120 hrs)
- Deepen your meditation practice and learn to lead meditation (25 hrs)
- Explore the magic of Sanskrit and yoga philosophy teachings in a full Yoga Sutras Immersion (20 hrs) and Intro to Sanskrit Immersion (15hrs)
This course is led by Lesley Desaulniers with guest faculty Alison Smith, Mirabai and Ramana Erikson