200 Hour Teacher Training Program
The 200 Hour program is designed for serious students of yoga who want to deepen their practice as well as for those students who wish to become teachers themselves. Topics include proper alignment, hands on assisting, creative and smart sequencing, philosophy, Sanskrit, anatomy, prenatal yoga and restorative yoga. Our faculty consists of renowned scholars, yoga teachers, meditation teachers and anatomy experts.
Main Faculty: Lesley Desaulniers, Alison Smith and Bex Urban
Guest Faculty: Sharon Salzberg, Edwin Bryant, Mirabai Warkulwiz, Ramana Erikson & Devadas Labreque
This program is a Yoga Alliance accredited course. After completion of this training, trainees will be able able to register with YA as RYT 200. (Registered Yoga Teacher 200 Hr)
A typical day in Lesley D Yoga teacher training:
Asana and Meditation
Pose Breakdown, Anatomy, Sequencing, Hands-on-Adjustments, Practice Teach, Philosophy
Restoratives, Guest lectures, Kirtan
Two Advanced Training programs are designed to bring your teaching to a deeper and more refined level.
Advanced Training Module A: 50 Hour Immersion
This powerful and unique immersion training will inspire and enrich your yoga teaching and your life!
In this course you will:
- Learn the powerful art of hands on adjustments. You will master adjustments that are not often taught in 200/300 hour programs
- Learn to sequence smart, creative, and dynamic classes
- Get direct feedback and perfect your skills by offering and receiving 'in- class privates’
- Find your authentic voice and learn to bring your own inner wisdom and life experience to your teaching
- Deepen your meditation practice and learn to lead meditation
- Explore the magic of Sanskrit and yoga philosophy teachings
Advanced Training Module B: Apprenticeship:
Lesley D Yoga's Vinyasa Apprenticeship Program is a 12-week mentorship program designed for yoga teachers of all levels. This program serves as part of Lesley's Advanced Yoga Teacher Training offerings. This apprenticeship provides yoga teachers with the opportunity to gain experience teaching and further refine their skills under Lesley's guidance.
Three month-long apprenticeship includes:
- Attending Lesley’s class at least once a week
- Assisting Lesley’s class at least once a month
- Giving In Class Adjustments to Lesley twice per month
- Completing assignments from Lesley related to sequencing, dharma and teaching methodology
- One on one meeting with Lesley and Mirabai Warkulwitz to work on speaking voice
- Weekly mentor meetings with Lesley
- You have a 200 hr program certification
- You have completed at least one of Lesley's 50 hr Advanced trainings
- You are willing to work hard and have fun
Apprenticeship will run for 12 consecutive weeks. (Exact start dates will be established once the student is accepted into the program and has the first mentorship meeting)