This powerful and transformative immersion is designed for serious students of yoga who want to deepen their practice as well as for those students who wish to become teachers themselves. You will explore the depth of the practice in a fun and supportive environment with experienced teachers and like-minded students. Clarity, balance and ease will be found both on and off the mat.
Lesley's training program is offered in two modules. The first 100 hrs of training is a complete immersion into yoga practice. The second 100 hr module focuses on teaching skills, hands on assists, secrets of smart sequencing, how to lead meditation and dharma teachings, business of yoga and practice teaching.
Module One: Vinyasa Yoga Immersion, Deepen Your Practice and Explore The World Within:
* Vinyasa Practices: Designed to awaken inner energy and peace.
* Asana Labs: Fun and exciting workshops exploring key movement and alignment principles for standing poses, forward bends, backbends, inversions, twists & restoratives.
* Anatomy: Understand where the parts of the body are and how the muscles and bones work in action. This deeper exploration of anatomy and alignment is the key to progress in your practice.
* Meditation: Develop a regular meditation practice and learn how to lead simple meditations.
* Roots of Yoga: History and Philosophical concepts explained and explored.
*Intro to The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Gain insights and a ‘wider view’ for your practice, teaching and life off the mat.
* Dharma Talks & Teachings: Connecting the Spiritual.
* The Magic of Sanskrit: Study with Ramana Erikson.
This course will be held at Sukha Yoga in Novato. Each session will run from 12:30pm - 7pm.
Course Schedule for Vinyasa Yoga Immersion: Deepen Your Practice & Explore The World Within
All 2019 training programs are full. Below are the dates for the 2020 Training:
February 1-2 Saturday & Sunday
February 8-9 Saturday& Sunday
February 15-16 Saturday & Sunday
March 7-8 Saturday & Sunday
March 14-15 Saturday & Sunday
March 21-22 Saturday & Sunday
April 4 Saturday only
Main Faculty: Lesley Desaulniers
Guest Faculty: Alison Smith, Mirabai Warkulwiz & Ramana Erikson
This program can be taken independently, or as Part 1 of a 2-part teacher training with Lesley that culminates with a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification. Space is limited and these programs fill fast. Early registration encouraged.
Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana by Judith Lasater
Yoga and the Luminous: Patañjali’s Spiritual Path to Freedom by Christopher Chapple
(Albany, NY: State University of New York Press, 2008).
(We will use the back section of the book with the sutra translations.)
Hatha Yoga Prādīpikā with Notes from Krishnamacharya translated by A.G. Mohan and Dr. Ganesh Mohan (Chennai, India: Svastha Yoga, 2017)
The Bhagavadgita translated by S. Radhakrishnan
(New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers, 2005)
The Upanishads translate by Juan Marscaro
(London, England: Penguin Classics, 1965)
This program can be taken independently, or as Part 1 of a 2-part teacher training with Lesley that culminates with a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification. Space is limited, early registration encouraged.
$1800 Full Price | $1650 Early Bird by Sept 30, 2019
$500 Non-refundable deposit due upon registration
The remaining balance payment is due by December 15, 2019.